Quick update: No travel required
Just got some good news today: I’m not going to have to pack up and travel to get the outside opinion I requested. The tumor board at the Johns Hopkins Comprehensive Brain Tumor Center in Baltimore has agreed to review my case history and MRI films and render their treatment recommendations in a few days. So I’ll just be sitting tight and waiting for my docs to call with the news. My expectation is that some level of surgery will be part of the recommendation and will be scheduled soon. But at least this time around I will be working off of a strong medical consensus and won’t be rushing to make the decision myself.
(PS: If you’re interested in keeping up with new posts on my blog as this thing plays out, just scroll down the right hand side and click where it says “Site Feed” and follow directions from there to get alerts)